FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I hire an interior designer?
Interior designers offer peace of mind. They offer the opportunity for you to imagine and dream about what your life could be like once your space is complete. As experts in their field, the designer is there to be your guide through what can seem like a daunting process; easing that stress, and introducing you to products, materials, and style that brings your vision to life.
Why Should I choose Interior Dimensions?
We know you have options when choosing your interior design firm. We at Interior Dimensions aren’t just designing a space for you to thrive, we are also designing a space that is an investment in your future. We take pride in the final product. That means with our firm’s sixty-plus years of collective experience in the design field, you can be assured we have both the training and experience to provide you with the investment in yourself that you deserve. We are both a Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer (CMKBD) and a Certified Aging-in-place Specialist (CAPS). We take your dream and design it to meet your needs; no matter the circumstance.
What is decorating, and how is it different from design?
Design is the interior architecture and layout of a space. It is space-planning with you in mind. Décor is the scenery that brings a home to life. It is the functional, aesthetic, and sentimental objects in the space bringing you joy.
Who is our ideal client?
The easy answer is there isn’t an “ideal client.” Every person is different, and we strive to meet those individual needs. All you need to do is bring yourself, your dreams and ideas, and, most importantly, your desire to improve your space. We will take care of the rest.
When should I get a contractor involved?
Design is a collaborative process, and the best way to ensure your dream comes to life is to start that process with a strong team. We collaborate with industry leaders in architecture, engineering, drafting, and construction to provide the best service possible, and encourage you to develop a relationship with those professionals at the beginning of the process.
How long does the design process take?
It will take approximately eight (8) to twelve (12) weeks to develop a single primary bath or kitchen plan accompanied with the material scope outline. For larger projects, it is common it will take an additional six (6) to ten (10) weeks. These timeframes are highly dependent on your availability, the scope and complexity of your project, and are subject to some variation depending on the needs of your space.
How much involvement will you have in the construction process?
That depends on what you want from your design services. We offer two design packages, the design concept or full service options, to assure that we meet your needs.
The design only package is our less involved service. We will take your dream and create plans for you to use with your contractor to create your space. Once those plans are complete, it will then turn over to you to coordinate the remainder of your project with your build team. This package is the perfect option for when you would like to personally oversee all the details that bring your dream to life.
The full service package is where we develop your designs and provide you with the service of procurement, scheduling, and coordination of the remainder of your project. We work with your build team to assure that you only have to make decisions on the minimal amount of items for your build. You get enjoy the process while we work with you and your build team to manage the rest.
How much will interior design cost for a remodel or a new construction project?
Our initial in-home or design studio consultation is $375.00 for projects within a twenty-five (25) mile radius of our design studio. When a project falls beyond the twenty-five mile radius, in-home consultations start at $525.00.
Our minimum design fee for a small room project is $3,500.00. If you are remodeling a kitchen or primary bath, our design fee starts at $6,500.00. Prices are subject to increase in cost as the number of rooms or complexity of the project increases.
How do you bill?
A $1,000.00 deposit will be required at the time of signing the design agreement to secure the next project opening, and begin the design process. The remaining balance on the account will be due in two installments. The Phase-I Payment will be 70% of the remaining balance, and the Phase-III payment will be the remaining 30% of the total balance of the project. The final payment will include any additional charges incurred as a result of changes to the design agreement, if applicable. A breakdown of the payment installments will be listed on page one (1) of the design agreement.
Currently we are able to accept the following forms of payment: cash, check, ACH bank transfer, and most major credit cards.
Ready to start?